Friday, 22 March 2013

Amendments

For my final draft I took my audience feedback into consideration so I could create a product that suited my target audience to the highest possible standard. First of all I was required to add sound to the real-life scene which it previously didn't have, to do this I found uncopyrighted, royalty-free audio from freesfx.com and added it as a non-diegetic track. I also reused the sound created from the raw files which were recorded through the camera and decided to use these as the diegetic sound, as this was the most realistic diegetic sound I could create possible.
Secondly, I was required to make the intertitles shorter as my audience feedback suggested that they were too long, to do this I deleted about half the length of the opening intertitle- removing the least relevant shots from the scene.
Finally I had to film a final scene which revealed to the viewer more about what is going on in the scene whilst also bringing the opening scene to a close. For this I had to film the scene which I had previously planned to do but couldn't film due to lack of time for my first draft, this scene featured the boy waking up from his sleep, seemingly now safe from what he was running from. As this is a horror opening, this was not to be the case as he wakes up to find the main antagonist in his room, only for the shot to reveal that the antagonist is actually him- playing on the idea that only element truly scary in life is yourself. The antagonist lets out a horrific scream, the scene cuts to black and finally reveals the outro intertitle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Popular Posts

Contributors

Blogroll

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates