I attempted to recreate particular codes and conventions of the 'Empire' magazine I chose to recreate, as at this point my skills on photoshop are quite mediocre, it meant that the codes and conventions which I followed were very basic, for example; being limited to just using a headline in a similar text and colour. The particular conventions I attempted to recreate primarily consisted of a: headline; mast head; main image (medium close up); bar code; main sell lines; sell lines; sky line; house style.
2.Who would be the audience for your media product?
The audience for my media product would be primarily college students (particularly ones who study at QE- around 16-19 years old, of bother genders) as it is a college magazine it would be pointless to target the magazine at people who don't attend QE or are related in anyway to the college (i.e. parents). As the magazine is primarily to inform (and partially entertain) about the college then the readers interests a quite invalid- stereotypical teenage interests i.e. film, music, gaming, faction etc. would be appropriate. Though certain pages (to persuade to reader to keep reading- mainly for the teenagers) would be pages such as reviews of popular films etc.
3.How did you attract/ address your audience?
4. What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
As I have never used macs before I developed skills in operating them, I also learnt indexical information about proffesionalism in magazine house styles i.e. the minute effects such as selectfully choosing the distance between each line of text can be used for different purposes such as to create more space for other text, or just to help the text stand out. I also learn how to operate the scanner and how to create and function a blog sucessfully.
3.How did you attract/ address your audience?
To attract my audience I specifically chose to have pages that could potentially attract the reader, to do this I chose to place these articles in the main sell lines (opposed to the normal sell lines) or in the second headline. Another way I attracted my audience was my selective use of colour, primarily the colour blue and red, with blue connotating of relaxation (subconsciously persuading the reader to read the magazine further). On the other hand the red connotating ideas of strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love- all these ideas contrasting and possibly linking to the idea of the student (especially freshers, as the magazine introduces them to the college) working hard to do well in college.
4. What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
As I have never used macs before I developed skills in operating them, I also learnt indexical information about proffesionalism in magazine house styles i.e. the minute effects such as selectfully choosing the distance between each line of text can be used for different purposes such as to create more space for other text, or just to help the text stand out. I also learn how to operate the scanner and how to create and function a blog sucessfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment